Dividends and Stock Analysis
Dividends are very attractive factor that influence the decision about investing in a particular company. So, you should carefully study the connected ratios, since they provide you with information on the performance of the stock.
You can find information on the different dividend ratios on the various online resources. One of the website that provides comprehensive information is Reuters.com. It allows you to enter the stock symbol and get all the relevant information.
Dividend ratios include different indicators. One of them is the Dividend Yield. In order to calculate it you should divide the annual dividend per share by the price of the stock.
Other ratios are the Dividend Yield - 5-Year Ave and the Dividend 5 Year Growth Rate. These ratios provide information on the past performance of the target stock.
Higher yields can be interpreted as showing lower rates of growth. An example of sectors that pay high current yields and at the same time have a slow growth is the real estate and the utilities sector.
Charts are provided to help you make a comparison between current yield and dividend growth so that companies with the right balance are found.
Another ratio you should study is the Dividend Payout Ratio. In order to estimate it you should divide the dividends per share by the earnings per share.
If the result greatly deviates from the number typical for the industry and sector, you should think twice whether this company is a viable investment option.
The calculations of this ratio are distorted by changes in earnings that have occurred because of sales of assets or other events that occur for one time.
Finally, these ratios should represent only one part of your stock analysis. Other considerations should be made but you should not neglect dividend ratios' importance.
Zecco offers free stock trades, no account minimum, real time quotes, trading community, and is also insured and protected against loss by SIPC. Opening a Zecco account to benefit from $0 Stock/ETF trading is a smart idea. Free stock trades allow you to preserve more of your wealth and save money, which you can invest instead of paying brokerage commissions.
|Rate this article : Low
- Reading Pro Forma Financial Information
- Determining Ownership Interest in a Security
- Executive Compensation Disclosure
- How to Obtain Corporate Reports
- Demystifying and Analyzing Financial Statements
- Researching Companies for Investment Purposes
- Is a Company’s Financial Statement Reliable?
- Tips for Researching Investments: Uncovering Analyst Conflicts of Interest
- Stock Analysis Software
- Stock Screening Advantages
- Stock Research Tools - Stock Screeners
- Dividends and Stock Analysis
- Stock Screener Traits
- Form 10-K and Form 10-Q
- Retail Sales Forecast
- Consumer Confidence Index and Consumer Sentiment Index as Research Tools
- Stock Research Sources
- Full Employment and Consumer Spending Effects on Stocks
- Potentially Overpriced Google IPO
- Positive Predictions on Interest Rates Move the Market
- Stock Market Prices and Buying Strategies
- Tools and Researches Offered by the Best Online Stock Trading Sites