Iran Events Might Influence the Stock Market
The stock market is influenced by many factors. Some of them include war and political turmoil. The recent events surrounding Iran are about to have an impact on the performance of the stock market, so be prepared.
Even though the United States and the United Nations have warned Iran for its nuclear program no positive effect from these admonitions has been observed.
Since Iran is one of the key producers of oil in the world a potential stop in the supply from Iran may result in significant increases in the prices of oil, which in turn may lead to the stock market hitting the skies.
Predictions have been made that the price per barrel may reach $130. However, if the events continue to escalate and reach their peak point the price may go up even further.
Even though the financial damages will be significant, the market will eventually correct the price.
Such oil price increases have been observed when hurricane Katrina hit the US. So, it is doubtful whether the US people are ready to meet another price hike.
Since the supply of oil may be limited, shortages may occur if the price of oil reaches or even exceeds, as some predict, $130.
The movement from fixed price contracts to open market contracts will be observed if the US refuses to purchase oil form Iran.
As a result of the higher oil prices higher levels of inflation will be observed. In order to curb it the Fed may decide to increase the interest rates so that inflation levels are put in balance.
In order to benefit from the raised interest rates, investors may undertake the transference of their assets to interest-bearing investment solutions. However, if they believe that another alternative is possible, then they should not park their money in such investments.
Piece of Advice
We would recommend the paying attention of the events that are taking place around you. You should observe not only the ones that affect the companies of which you own stocks but also other events that may have influence on the overall performance of the stock market. You should have in mind that some events may have only a temporary effect on the stock market, whereas others can influence it in a profound way. So, you should pay attention to the news and be able to separate what really matters from what is unimportant.
Opening a OptionsHouse account to benefit from their low $3.95 stock trades (currently they offer 100 free trades) is a smart idea.
|Rate this article : Low
- Securities and Exchange Commission Complaint Procedures
- Telecommunications Technology Securities’ Fraud Alert
- Taking Note of Broker Discussions
- How to Obtain Corporate Reports
- Convertible Securities’ Risks to Common Stock Holders
- Choosing an Investment Professional
- Rebalancing Your Assets
- Tips for Variable Annuity Investors
- Investors Beware of Government Impersonators
- Options on Securing Your Securities
- Funds of Hedge Funds
- Investing in Hedge Funds: Pros and Cons
- Investor Alert: How to Avoid Investment Fraud
- What Happens When a Public Company Goes Private
- The Pros and Cons of Exchange-Traded Funds
- Investing in Equity-Indexed Annuities Explained
- What Are Promissory Notes and How to Avoid Promissory Note Fraud
- Investor Information: Finding Legal Help when in Dispute
- Dispute Resolution for Investors
- What Investors Need to Know about After-Hours Trading
- Tips for Researching Investments: Uncovering Analyst Conflicts of Interest
- Stock Analyst Recommendations - Should We Trust Them?
- Bank Demutualization - Frauds to Watch Out For
- Lost or Stolen Stock Certificate?
- Online Trading - Issues and Solutions
- Advice on Trading In Fast-Moving Markets
- How to Transfer Your Brokerage Account Smoothly
- Things to Consider When Opening a Brokerage Account
- Ex-Dividend Date - Why It Matters
- Investment Opportunities in Times of Financial Crisis
- Insider Trading Tracking
- Invest in Utility Stocks during Recession
- Why Price/Cash Flow is Important?
- Profit from Dividend Paying Stocks
- Simple Stock Selection Tips
- Year End Tax Planning and Portfolio Considerations
- Market Leaders and Stock Investing
- How to Select a Winning Company
- When to Apply Averaging Down
- Down Market and Discounted Stock Opportunities
- Stock Attachment Can Blur Our Judgment
- Buy Low - Sell High, Buy High - Sell Higher
- How to Select a Winning Stock from a 52-Week List
- Stock Market Trends and Signs
- Tips on Winning Stock Picks
- Government Deficit and Stock Investors
- Stock Price Forecast
- Speculative Derivatives Expiration
- Shunning Emotions from Stock Investing
- Constructing a Successful Stock Purchase Plan
- Economic Fundamentals Importance
- Positive Predictions on Interest Rates Move the Market
- Iran Events Might Influence the Stock Market
- Stock Market Movements
- Long-Term Stock Investing Advantages
- Take Emotions out of Stock Investment Decisions
- Market Timing Hidden Traps
- The Best Investment Style for Your Financial Objectives
- Dollar Cost Averaging Benefits
- Long-Term Rewards of Stock Investing
- Business Fundamentals vs Management Quality
- Tax Refund Investment Solutions
- Deep Debt Considerations
- Tangible Goals Motivate Investing
- Longevity Risk and Retirement Plans
- Has the Time for Selling Stocks Come
- Stock Tax Implications
- The Warren Buffett Way - Principals for Successful Investment
- Warren Buffet - Investing with Intelligence and Patience
- DRP Types and Benefits
- Avoiding Bad Stock
- High Risk, High Return
- Purchasing Your Company’s Stock
- Stock Portfolio Diversification
- Per-Share Price vs Market Cap
- Non-Financial Characteristics of a Successful Stock
- Institutional Investors and Their Influence on Stock Trading
- How to Benefit from Short Sellers
- When to Sell a Stock
- Assessment of Risk Tolerance
- Investment Risk Tolerance Level
- Investment Risk Types and Advices
- Bull and Bear Market Strategies
- Minimize Your Stock Losses
- Types of Stock Market Losses
- Stock Protection Options while You are Away
- Avoiding Stock Market Fraud and Scams
- Before You Buy Stocks
- When to Buy and Sell Stocks
- Stock Trader vs Company Investor
- Stock Diversification Tips
- Stock Buyback Benefits to Shareholders
- Stocks and Inflation Rate
- Allocating for Investing Purposes
- Stock Market Returns Pitfalls
- How to Avoid Pump and Dump Scams
- Tools and Researches Offered by the Best Online Stock Trading Sites
- Traditional IRA and Roth IRA Tax Benefits
- The Long-Term Scope of Stocks